- I take a holistic approach to working with you and your pet, to establish why your pet is behaving the way that he/she does and to help you to resolve the issue using modern and scientifically proven methods of training that do not cause distress, pain or, suffering to your pet or to you.
- I take pride in my work and, therefore, attaining the highest level of academic qualifications in my field was important to me. I hold an Honours Degree level Certificate in Applied Animal Behaviour and a Post- Graduate Degree Diploma in Companion Animal Behaviour Counselling, both from the University of Southampton.
- I regularly attend both training and behaviour seminars and conferences to keep my knowledge updated.
- Academic knowledge is important in my profession, but equally important is the application of this knowledge into practical settings.
- I have been running progressive dog-training classes for over 15 years and currently hold 6 a week from puppy to advanced.
- I have trained and participated in many dog sports, such as: Schutzhund, ring craft, agility, working trials, and tracking.
- I have been accredited by the leading animal behaviour organisations in the world: the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors, Animal Behaviour and Training Council and International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants.
- Many veterinary surgeons recommend me to their clients because they know that I have the expertise and knowledge to help their clients with their pets’ behavioural and training problems.
- Many pet insurance companies will pay for my services.
“Although I have read quite a few books about dog training, without Elaine’s help we would have never got it right.”
– Stephanie & Adrian